The adorable Katrina from Pugly Pixel awarded me the Happy 101 Award. Thanks, Katrina! In accepting this award, I’m going to list ten things that make me happy. I’m also going to pass the award on to five friends — so brace yourself, blogosphere: Smokey the Magnificent and the boy person friend are invited to tell me ten happiness-inducing things, as are Sweet Sassafras, Geek Threads, and Cider and Faun. (I know, it’s ten friends — but I’m a newbie, so rather than spamming my blogroll, I’ll make it five special ones.) Things that make me happy…
- Sleeping in! OK, at the moment this one makes me wistful, but the days of sleeping in will return one day, and they will make me so happy.
- Finding a perfect fruit. Perfect avocado, perfect pink grapefruit, juicy green grapes, crunchy apple, melty pear…
- Being upside-down. My favourite thing in the Pilates studio is hanging with my ankles in the fuzzy straps.
- PG Wodehouse, GK Chesterton, AA Milne, and Edward Lear.
- The Heidelberg catechism.
A. That I am not my own, but belong with body and soul, both in life and in death, to my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ. He has fully paid for all my sins with His precious blood, and has set me free from all the power of the devil. He also preserves me in such a way that without the will of my heavenly Father not a hair can fall from my head; indeed, all things must work together for my salvation. Therefore, by His Holy Spirit He also assures me of eternal life and makes me heartily willing and ready from now on to live for Him.
7. Sitting in Cornwall Park.
8. Battlestar Galactica + Tofutti Better Pecan icecream.
9. My physiotherapist, her calendula, peppermint and hypericum balm, cupping and trigger-pointing, and grownup conversation.
10. Swings. Preferably the swing sets at Melville Park, the rope swing on Takapuna Beach, or the swing at Blockhouse Bay.