It’s been rather an, oh, how shall I put this delicately, annus abyssus? A hell of a year. At the end of last year, I threw caution and the dregs of childhood to the winds, quit my job, left home, and moved to one of the swankier suburbs of the big city. Once the wheels were in motion, there was no stopping me: one thing led to another, and in the space of a year, I have
- Found a flat, or rather, a bedroom and a landlady
- Found a part-time job, in which I got to use a hoist
- Broken my right ankle (walking on the beach, slipped on the rocks, rescued by paramedics, tide coming in, hopped up the cliff, true story)
- Entered a second Pilates training programme, and completed the first two stages of certification
- Been hit by a car, badly spraining my left ankle
- Rehabilitated two ankles
- Crashed someone else’s car, in a very minor manner, but still
- Found another part-time job, in which I get to drive cars
- Quit the first part-time job
- Found a full-time job, teaching Pilates
- Had another part-time job, lecturing in humanities at medical school; secured same gig for next year
- Done NaNoWriMo, winning by the skin of my teeth
- Started a blog, and posted more than five times (see previous blog)
- Watched Battlestar Galactica
- Done Balance Control Step Off on the Reformer
In order to round out the year, there are some things I plan to do in the next few weeks:
- Complete the Pilates certification — practical exam on Friday, mat test on Saturday, updates then.
- Turn 27.
- Fix the car.
Stay tuned, gentle readers.