Shoos on oer hed: advice from a younger sister

shoos on oer hed

Do not wer shoos on oer hed. It macks oer hed Derty.

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Shoos on oer hed: advice from a younger sister

1. Mother says:

This is enough to bring tears to the eyes of a Mother. I am in London. Which is your sort of place, as it turns out. I am venturing out on my own today, to meet Minnie at lunchtime. I am rapidly becoming adept at hopping on and off underground trains and double decker buses, and have been shopping at Tesco’s and Boots. And out walking in the drizzle with a brolly and casually dropping into the V & A Museum of Childhood which is very close to Our Flat and does a good ploughman’s sandwich for lunch. And I bought bandaids for £1.99 and the gel gave me a penny change. I am saving it in case I might need to spend it sometime.

2. bettyscandretti says:

You are an urbane and capable Mother. A penny saved, additionally, is a penny earned. Did you cut yourself on the tube, or were you influenced by Minnie to the extent that you started compulsively stocking up on bandaids?

3. Mother says:

Neither. I have a blemish which is best kept covered up, so as not to frighten people.

4. bettyscandretti says:

Dearie me. You do not have a line of bandaids from ear to ear?

• Mother says:

Nope. Different blemish. I leave the slit throat one exposed to give the public something to wonder at. (Excuse grammar – I mean, something at which to wonder.)

5. Miriam says:

Ooh, I remember this one! Such a true statement.